Sunday, March 11, 2012

Hello Spring Break!

Spring Break is finally here!!!  I have been ready for vacation for what feels like weeks!!!  I'm looking forward to all the exciting events that are happening this week!  On Wednesday I will be heading to Buffalo for a fun-filled week/weekend of wedding festivities!  My mom's best friend is throwing my bridal shower on Saturday evening and I couldn't be any more excited!  I love that I'm doing unusual wedding things - morning ceremony, brunch reception, and an evening shower!  I am pretty fortunate to have such an amazing group of friends and family that will be showering me with love!  While we're in Buffalo, Shaun and I will also be meeting with the bakery that will be creating our wedding cake! :)  Can't wait to try some scrumptious cake!  We also get to have brunch at the venue where our reception is!  I've tried the brunch before, but Shaun is in for a real treat!  So exciting!!!

This weekend was pretty fabulous.  On Friday, Shaun and I went to the Strawberry Festival because it's berry season here and we had to get our strawberry shortcake fix taken care of!  It was well worth the 25 minute drive, the $5 parking, the $10 admission ticket, and the $3.50 donation to a local catholic church for this deliciousness....

Yes, that is what I call a sinful amount of whipped cream.
  I ended up spooning some of it into Shaun's bowl 
because apparently I was slightly overzealous with how much I took! :)

He's so handsome! :) 

On Saturday, we threw a dinner party for some friends and boy was it an amazing night!  I made a new recipe, Linguine with Garlic Breadcrumbs and Sauteed Shrimp (Grilled Chicken for me).  It was soooo tasty.  I wish I could take credit for the recipe, but I cannot.  I found it here, so if you're wanting to try it, click here!

Here's some pictures from our party! 
 My plate - grilled chicken and 
a small scoop of linguine!

 Now that's a colorful salad! :)

 Table of deliciousness!

 Shaun's plate... with shrimp. Yuck! LOL! 

 I love it! :)  And him! <3

 Dessert was Peanut Butter Yogurt Pie!

We played Life... and Shaun and I tied!

We will definitely be hosting more dinner parties!  Next time I'm thinking Lasagna Soup! :)

I'm off to do some relaxing - I have a full day of errands tomorrow!!!  Enjoy your evening! 

Sweet Hugs,
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment