Sunday, March 25, 2012

Life Has Been A Whirlwind!

Life needs to just slow down.  I cannot believe how fast our wedding is approaching!  The reason why I haven't updated recently is because life has been NON-STOP! Between traveling to Buffalo for my bridal shower, doing wedding planning, and craziness at work, I've barely had a moment to breathe, let alone do anything fun in the kitchen! Even while I was in Buffalo, I didn't get to have any of my mother's fabulous cooking because we were on the run every night!

To catch you up, here's some of the fun times we had while in Buffalo!
 Me, mom, & the bridal shower planners! :)

 Gosh, I love him.

 Hello deliciousness.

 My mommy is so talented! :)

 Best ribbon bridal bouquet ever!!! :)

Okay, back to cooking.  I decided earlier in the week that I would make an Italian feast today since I enjoyed the food at my shower so much.  Making homemade sauce and meatballs is so much fun even though it's a tremendous amount of work.  Around 11am, I started the whole process by making up some turkey meatballs and preparing the ingredients for the sauce.  Usually I make the sauce and meatballs and let it simmer in a large saucepan on the stove for several hours.  Today I decided to use the crock-pot and let it cook on low for 6 hours.  It turned out perfectly!  

Here's a sneak-peek at the yumminess.  I'm still debating whether or not I want to share my family's sauce recipe! Ha! :)  

 The sauce and meatballs before I turned on the crockpot! 

 Our table! :) Presentation is everything! 

 Yep, I had 2.5 meatballs... Shaun had to do some
 quality assurance before we ate! ha!

 We also had garlic bread and a salad!

And mini cannolis for dessert! :)

Well, I'm off to do some relaxing ~ it's going to be a hectic week at school because my babies are taking the big SAT-10 assessment!  I know they'll knock it out of the ballpark because they are just an amazing group of kiddos! :)

Sweet Hugs,
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment