Sunday, June 30, 2013

Changing It Up!

After The Husband and I got done vacuuming this afternoon, I went into the kitchen with a mission - changing it up!  For MONTHS, I've been eating peanut butter and jelly sandwiches on whole wheat bread. I'm talking like every day since probably last summer!  

We had some leftover deli turkey from yesterday (it's a rarity that we buy deli meat because it's so high in preservatives, which makes it very high in sodium), so I decided to use it up and make wraps!  I came across whole-wheat tortillas last week because we were planning on making chicken enchiladas (crazy week happened and we ended up going out like almost every night.... ugh - my ATM card is hating on me right now!).  

I gathered the essentials - deli turkey (low-sodium roasted Boar's Head), whole wheat wraps, lettuce, tomatoes, shredded mozzarella cheese, yellow mustard (for mine), and light Buffalo Ranch dressing (for The Husband's).  Now I'm terrible at "wrapping", so ignore how messed up it looks, but here was the finished product!


Sooooo tasty!  And so good for a change! I served them with baby carrots, a handful of Baked Lays Sour Cream and Onion chips, and a side of fresh fruit!  Totally scrumptious and the fruit was so refreshing.  I also looked at Rachael Ray's magazine while eating and got some neat recipe ideas for upcoming meals! 



For now, I'm going to finish playing with Ava and Mia and then it's off to the gym for a Sunday afternoon sweat session!  Matty and Ava are coming back later for dinner (BBQ chicken pizza), so if it turns out, come back tonight or tomorrow for the recipe! 

Lots of love,
Lauren 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment