Saturday, June 1, 2013

When Experimentation Works!

Hello There! 
Sorry for the delay in posting - last weekend was my birthday and I spent the entire weekend being spoiled by my amazing husband! I mean shopping spree, dinner, new pandora charm (and this was all the day BEFORE my birthday)!  On Sunday, my actual birthday, he went out and bought a tasty coffee cake for breakfast and I also opened up my present, which was a new camera!  I had an idea that's what it was, because when we were at the Pandora store on Saturday, he picked out the camera charm.... so I put two and two together! We also went to the Rays game where we killed the Yankees!  Go Rays!  It was pretty fabulous! XOXO! I'm such a lucky girl! 

Anyways, back to why I'm writing this post - a new winning recipe!  The husband and I are kinda getting sick of our rotation of typical foods - chicken meatloaf, grilled chicken sausages with peppers and onions, baked chicken over greens, turkey tacos, etc...  So, when he mentioned that he wanted pork, I thought YES!  A PORK TENDERLOIN!

While at Publix this afternoon, I snagged a extra lean, center cut pork tenderloin from the meat department (It's actually distributed by Hormel).  I bought the original flavor because all the other ones have far too much sodium.  (Yep, just call me the sodium police!)  Before we sat down for lunch, I decided to whip up a marinade so it could soak up all the tasty flavors.  I used honey, red wine vinegar, yellow mustard, black pepper, italian seasonings, and water!  It marinaded for about 5 hours and oh-my-gawwwwwd it was sooo tasty! :)

I served it with a side salad, natural applesauce with cinnamon, and a sweet potato roll.  The husband also had some baby red potatoes in a buttery sauce, but the flavor of the sauce is too strong for me, so I skipped out on it.  What a tasty and easy dinner!






Come back tomorrow for the recipe for this tasty and easy dinner - perfect for the busy work week! :)  Right now The Husband and I are in the middle of a Lifetime movie marathon! 

Lots of love,
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment