Saturday, May 18, 2013

Guess Who's Back?

October 2012 was my last post?  How is that even possible? Oh wait, for a second I forgot that life has been craaaaaaaaazy lately!  I made it through my first two semesters of my educational leadership grad program!  4.0 so far!!!  Go me!

 I fondly remember graduating in May 2010 with my Masters in Reading Education, thinking "Wow. I'm officially done with school."  

Yeah right! 

 I love school - which explains a lot since I'm a teacher!  So far, I am L-O-V-I-N-G the program at USF.  I am learning so much about what it takes to be an educational leader.  But what I'm learning more about is myself, not only an educator, but as a teacher leader.  I can't say what made me decide to go into the educational leadership program.  Perhaps it was the recommendation and support of my current administration or my thirst for learning.  All I can say it was honestly one of the best decisions I ever made.  Surely, I've had to sacrifice a lot.  More so than I'll ever want to admit.  But, this year has been SUCH a learning experience.  I can honestly say, I don't think I'll ever look at education from a "teaching" aspect again.  This could be a bad thing, but I'm going to remain optimistic and think of it as a way to grow.

Besides grad school, life has been hectic at home too!  My husband got an amazing job in his field - computer technology.  He absolutely loves the job and I'm so proud of him for getting a job in his dream field.  The only downside is that he travels.  A lot.  He is typically gone for 1 week a month, but lately, it's been more than that.  I'm not going to lie - it's hard at times.  Life has been a bit of a roller-coaster lately, so when I come home and just need a shoulder to rest my head on, I often have to whip out my cell phone and call him.  But, he's so happy with his job and financially, it's pretty amazing.  When he's home, I find myself on the computer less and more so spending any waking moment with him.  We're so blessed that he was given the opportunity to have such a good job!

Now that I've gone through those parts of my life, it's time to get focused on what this blog was intentionally made for - healthy living!  

Over the past few months, I've had to do some reflecting and I can now admit that I did go slightly overboard with the whole weight loss thing.   I think it will continue to be a battle, because I do know so much about calorie content and what I should and should not be eating.  But, after a long discussion with my husband and my mother, I had to finally cope with the idea that I needed to stop and to actually gain some weight back.  It was awful at first.  I felt so guilty for skipping a gym workout or for having a second or third slice of bread (and gasp, with butter) at dinner.  But, I was becoming too skinny.  Since Christmas, I've gained about 10 pounds and I have about 5 more to go.  I will still continue to eat healthy, but I now know and can accept that it's FINE to eat a cookie.  Or to skip the gym.  Or to have a burger and fries.  Everything in moderation!  

So, for now my friends that is all I have to say.  School is out in a couple of weeks, so I will be posting much more frequently!  Until then, it may just be a post or two.  Who knows! 

Lots of love,
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment