Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Baked Dijon Glazed Pork Tenderloin

As I teased you all with yesterday, for dinner last night I whipped up a baked pork tenderloin.  I rarely buy pork tenderloin because Publix usually only carries the flavored ones and to me, they taste way too artificial.  Luckily, I came across a "plain" one, so I snagged it while grocery shopping on Saturday.  

I looked online to find a good glaze for it because baking it plain is boring.  I came across a few ideas, but settled on kinda creating my own by modifying a few different recipes.  

The first thing I did was gather my ingredients - dijon mustard, brown sugar, paprika, and ground ginger.  I mixed them up in a bowl and set it aside. 

I then grabbed a baking pan and some aluminum foil... you'll want to cover the pan because if not, you'll have a burnt, sticky sugary mess at the bottom of the pan!  I sprayed it with olive oil cooking spray and placed the pork tenderloin inside.  

Next, I took a brush and coated the pork tenderloin (top and sides) with 1/2 of the mixture.  I put it in a 425 degree oven for 15 minutes.  It will quickly make your house smell delicious!  When the timer went off, I took it out, brushed more of the mixture on it, and threw it back in for 20 minutes.  When it reached 165 degrees, I knew it was done! 

Deliciousness.... but I will say that the pork tenderloin 
went from being huge to completely shrinking! 
Luckily it was enough for the three of us!

I paired it with a side of steamed brown rice and some steamed veggies ~ quite yummy and such a simple weeknight meal! :)



Baked Dijon Glazed Pork Tenderloin
1 1/2 TBSP brown sugar
2 TBSP dijon mustard
1 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1.25lbs lean pork tenderloin

Mix ingredients and coat pork tenderloin with half of the mixture.  Bake in a 425 degree oven, uncovered for 15 minutes.  After baking for 15 minutes, take the pork tenderloin out and cover with the remaining mixture.  Bake for an additional 20 minutes, or until the pork reaches 165 degrees! 
Serve with rice or mashed potatoes!

Enjoy!

My dinner tonight was leftover chili, which is perfect because it's a cool and rainy day here!  Apparently I'm digging leftovers lately!!!

Perfect comfort food! :)

I'm off to do more school work ~ My workload the past few weeks has been insane! :)  What can I say - we work mighty hard in room 408! :)

Have a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment