Friday, February 3, 2012

Well Earned! :)

After a successfully smooth, but long week in room 408, I declared tonight date night.  We had a gift card for Bonefish that we got from my brother, so earlier this week, our decision was made.  

We headed to Bonefish and I already knew what I wanted - a filet mignon.  I don't eat seafood, so a filet is one of the only things on the menu that I'll eat.  I've never gotten it wrong by ordering a filet.... it's always so delicious.  Tonight though, I was slightly disappointed.  I always order my filet medium because there's nothing worse than getting it well-done.  But tonight, it was too rare.  I ate around the "rareness", but it got the point where I simply couldn't eat anymore.  I only ate like 1/3 of it.  Boo.  But I thoroughly enjoyed the veggies that came on the side.  Not to mention I had a very unhealthy share of the breadbasket and dipping oil that came before our entrees arrived at the table!

The veggies were excellent, the steak was meh.  
It would have been perfect for my dad who loves it medium-rare.

After we ate, we headed to Yogurt Mountain because in honor of National Wear Red Day, they were offering 20% off.  Now that we're getting close to Valentine's Day, they added some new flavors and we were totally digging it! I opted for Strawberry Frozen Yogurt with some chopped peanuts and mini chocolate chips.  Amazing.  Totally made up for tonight's not-so-awesome steak.  

It tasted like a chocolate-covered strawberry! Amazing! :)

Shaun has a bunch of work to do on his final project tonight, so right now I'm watching Horrible Bosses.  So far it's pretty funny! :)

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that today my kiddos made our "Polar Bear Cookies".... look at how cute they turned out!



They *LOVED* it!!! :) So cute!!!

I hope you're off to a great start to the weekend! Catch ya in the morning! :)

Sweet Hugs,
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment