Wednesday, February 1, 2012

So much better than Papa John's! :)

I woke up this morning quite excited - for two reasons - the first reason was because I got to sleep an extra hour because today is my "rest" day from the gym.  Honestly, I was going to sneak to the gym, but The Fiance kindly told me to take a day off, and I agree.  I need to cool it!  The other reason I woke up excited was because I knew I had dinner plans with a good friend I met while taking grad classes at USF!  We always have a great time at dinner! :)

We debated where to go and we finally decided on Pizza Fusion, which is nestled in my dream neighborhood, Westchase.  Sigh.  I wish, I hope, I pray that someday we can move into that area - it's gorgeous, clean, and such a "family" community! :)

I will admit, the choices for pizza here in Florida are, well, pathetic.  Nothing will EVER compare to the deliciousness of Buffalo pizza - Bocce and Bob and John's La Hacienda are my favorites.  But.... we at least have Papa John's! ha!  Their veggie pizza is tolerable, but I'm slowly getting over it!

Nothing against Papa John's, but tonight's pizza from Pizza Fusion was amazing.  Their pizza menu is quite extensive, so it was such a tough decision! I debated between the Brushetta Pizza and the Farmer's Market Pizza.  The Bruschetta Pizza won and it was a terrific choice! 

I started off the meal with a side salad and let me tell you.... THIS is what a salad should look like - real lettuce, not that iceberg junk! :)

So yummy! :)  Good thing I asked for the 
dressing (Balsamic Vinaigrette) on the side...
look at all the dressing in that side container... ZOIKES!!!

I love ordering pizza here because it's enough for two meals (that means leftovers again..... maybe I'm turning over a new leaf with this leftover thing!)!  Here's what the deliciousness looked like! 

Love the garnish on top! :) So yummy! 
I still can't believe this ginormous thing is 
a "personal" pizza... too much! ha! 
*I ordered the pizza with a whole-grain crust.*

After dinner, I had to stop and pick up more fresh berries - The Fiance and I are out of control with eating them! :)  We love berry season here in Florida! I also managed to get a bowl of fresh cut cantaloupe too - I'm thinking fruit salad will be included in tomorrow's lunch! 

Right now I'm watching American Idol, and honestly, I'm trying to get into it, but I think I'm done with it.  I haven't seen anyone spectacular yet, so I guess I'll just wait until it's narrowed down to the top 12.  Not to mention, I should probably get focused and back to work since tomorrow is going to be a busy day at work...

It's Groundhog Day!!!  That means a cute read aloud in the morning and this super cute craft activity that we're going to do after we make a prediction about whether or not Phil will see his shadow.  Judging by the weather we've been having in Florida, I'm guessing that he won't be seeing his shadow! :)

Isn't this precious!?!?!

He's so cute.... But he needs a name! :)

I'll be sure to snap some pictures of my kiddos' groundhogs tomorrow!  They'll be cute for sure! 

Catch ya tomorrow! :)

Sweet Hugs,
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment