Monday, February 6, 2012

Superbowl Festivities & More!

Whoops, I totally forgot to post last night!  Must have been the chili-induced coma I was in after watching that amazing game!  For the Superbowl, we invited over Matty's friend and his friend's wife for some game time deliciousness!  

Check out the goods!

 Football-shaped brownies! :)

 Love my tablecloth! :)

 Veggie tray - so yummy!

 Cheese, crackers, & summer sausage! 

 Toppings for the chili! 

 Football brownies & sugar cookies!

We had a great time partying it up! :)  The commercials were great - especially the M&M one! :)  I also loved the one with Matthew Broderick.  Did anyone else notice that he doesn't appear to be aging at all!?!? 

Now it's time to talk CHILI! :)  I love my recipe for chili!  It is just so delicious and easy!  Rather than post pictures of the steps, I'm just going to share the recipe!

Crockpot Chili
*This can also be made ontop of the stove... instead of cooking on low for 8 hours, just let it simmer for about an hour!

1 - 29 oz can of tomato puree (I used no-salt added)
1 - 29 oz can of crushed tomatoes (I used no-salt added)
1.25lbs lean ground beef
1 can of chili beans (I used mild, but I've used medium before.  I drained SOME of the juice)
1 can of kidney beans (low-sodium, I drained ALL of the juice)
1 small onion, chopped
1 small green pepper, diced
2 tsp chili powder
garlic powder
salt & pepper
frozen corn, optional

**For the big game, I also added 1 1/2 cups of frozen corn when there was 30 minutes left.  

Brown meat, onion, and pepper.  Drain the excess fat and then place in crock pot.  Add the rest of your ingredients and stir!  Cook on low for 8 hours.  

Enjoy!!!

 Such a simple and delicious meal!

I topped it off with some mozz. cheese (We didn't have any cheddar) and a dollop of light sour cream! :)
Hope you enjoyed your Superbowl Sunday! :)

I'm off to do some school work!  I'll be back later tonight or tomorrow with tonight's dinner recipe, which was Dijon Glazed Baked Pork Tenderloin!  Here's a tease!

Another easy meal for the work week! :)

Have a great night!

Sweet Hugs,
Lauren


No comments:

Post a Comment