Friday, February 10, 2012

Relaxed and Ready to Go! :)

After relaxing pretty much all day today, I'm ready for the rest of the weekend!  I really enjoyed having today off - I was able to veg out this morning, enjoy a couple cups of Timmy Ho's coffee (thanks so so so much mommy & daddy!!!) and catch up on some of my favorite shows!  I also met a friend for lunch and did some shopping!  

The reason I went shopping was to get some stuff for my students' Valentine's Day treat bags.  We're doing a fun cupcake activity too, but I wanted to give them a bag of goodies too! :)  So this evening, I gathered the supplies and got working! 

Conversation hearts, starbursts, pixie sticks, bouncy balls, 
cute heart rings (you bet I saved the extra rings for myself
and my intern!), and fruit snacks! :)

All tied with a pretty pink ribbon! :)

Amongst my shopping today for all those supplies, I came across this jar of deliciousness at Marshall's. We were planning on having grilled chicken anyways, so I was pretty excited when I found it!

I love the gourmet aisle at Marshall's... 
They always have good finds! :)

I also added a few dashes of paprika and nutmeg and let the chicken marinade for about an hour before firing up the grill! Here's how it looked on the grill! 

I've turned into quite the grill master! :)

Our chicken was paired with some sweet potato french fries and a salad full of veggies! 

:) So yummy! 

Well, now that I feel accomplished that the Valentine's Day treat bags are put together, I plan on spending the rest of the night relaxing.  I know I'll end up in bed early, which is fine because I have a ton to do tomorrow since we have big plans for Sunday! :)

Goodnight! 

Sweet Hugs,
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment