Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Don't Fall Back Asleep!!!

Ahh, those were the words I said to myself this morning at 4:30am when my gym alarm clock went off.  I knew as I was fumbling around with my eyes closed to find my phone that something bad was going to happen.  Sure enough, I hit "OFF" instead of "SNOOZE".  As I was hitting the "off" button, I said to myself "Don't fall back asleep, you have 5 minutes to get up, you can do this without a reminder alarm!"  That's funny because the next thing I knew, my 5:30am alarm was going off. Ha!  That meant NO workout this morning which totally bummed me out.  BIG TIME.  As I said in an earlier post, I need to workout first thing.  I'm not working out to lose weight anymore.... I'm working out because it makes me feel good and when I miss my morning workout, I'm instantly in a bad mood.

My remedy for a bad mood?
A tall, skinny vanilla latte from Starbucks! :)

When I got to work, I immediately dove into it and quickly realized "How in the world is this deliciousness in a cup skinny?"  I question if it really was skinny.  It didn't have the fake sugar aftertaste.... so I will have to investigate by ordering it again at a different location to see if it tastes the same.  It's almost too good to be true! 

After a stressful day at work, the last thing I wanted to do was workout, but it had to be done! I dragged myself to the gym, where surprisingly, my machine was free!  This is practically unheard of if I'm getting to the gym after 4pm! :) I was quite excited!  After a 30-minute cardio session, I headed home and was thinking about what to make for dinner.

Nothing too exciting - baked chicken with kosher salt, freshly ground black pepper, celery seed, garlic powder, and a dash of paprika.  I paired the chicken with some butternut squash (with I Can't Believe It's Not Butter, brown sugar, and a dash of nutmeg).  We also had stuffing.  I'm a stuffing snob (thanks to my family's awesome stuffing at Thanksgiving), so to have Pepperidge Farm stuffing is a joke.  I took a small amount.  Very small.  It's just not even worth it if you've had my grandma's amazing stuffing.  
 I didn't end up eating all of the squash... I was overzealous with the serving spoon! ha! :)

I don't know what it is lately, but I've been craving anything with sugar.  After dinner tonight, The Fiance and I ran some errands and we ended up at an ice cream shop.  I tried some of the fat-free/sugar-free flavors and everything seemed gross.  So I ended up with a kiddie-sized cookies and cream.  It was the perfect amount (probably 1 cup) and it was fat-free, but not sugar-free.  I forgot my camera at home, so I couldn't take a picture! Sorry! :)

Now I'm off to relax for about 10 minutes before calling it a night.  

Sweet Hugs,
Lauren

 

No comments:

Post a Comment