Monday, January 30, 2012

What Happened?

All of a sudden, I've gone from getting over this cold to feeling like someone body-slammed me against a cement wall! :(  My head is pounding, the pressure over my eyes is almost unbearable, and my throat feels less than stellar. 

I woke up this morning and knew I wouldn't be able to work out - laying in bed for an extra hour was the only feasible option.  Thank goodness I made that decision to stay in bed a little longer!  I forgot to snap a picture, but my breakfast today was a bowl of warm oatmeal - Quaker Instant Oatmeal - Apples and Cinnamon.  It was delicious and surely makes my classroom smell yummy! :)

After school today, I had my small-group tutoring session with my kiddos.  They are awesome! They may all be on different reading levels, but I have it planned perfectly so they all get the 1:1 attention and they are getting exactly what they need! :) Score one for Ms. Lauren! 

Make that score two, because my kiddos today were AMAZING.  I started a new ticket-reward system and we had by far one of the best days we've had all year.  I truly have been blessed with such a wonderful group of first graders.  Add my intern Brittany to the mix, and my days are just perfect! :) Well, except for the fact that I still feel icky-sicky.  Ha, speaking of icky-sicky....  I thought that since I'm teaching about specific details in writing, I would write about being sick over the weekend.  The kids LOVED that I used "icky-sicky" in my writing.  I told them it's not a real word, but I always use it to describe how I'm feeling when I'm sick! :) 

Tonight's dinner was turkey tacos/turkey taco salad because I didn't have the energy to cook anything more than that! :) It was pretty delicious! 

Taco Salad - Romaine Lettuce, grape tomatoes, ground turkey, 
yellow rice, black bean salsa, light sour cream, 
and 1 crispy taco shell! :) Yummy!

Usually when I'm feeling sick all I want is soup.  However, although my head feels like it's going to explode, turkey tacos sounded quite yummy! :)  It hit the spot!  And the Dove Dark Chocolate I'm eating right now is even better!!!

I'm off to continue lesson planning for this week - I may be up to my eyeballs in schoolwork, but if given a day like today, I will plan for hours! :) I love my job!

Have an awesome night!

Sweet Hugs,
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment