Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy 2012

Well, this is the official launch of my page, The Sweet but Healthy Life! I'm pretty excited to be starting this blog. I don't know if anyone is actually going to read it, but it's something I've wanted to do for a long time now.  One of the main reasons why I started this blog was because of all the positive comments I got about my weight loss and how I've managed to keep it off.  As I posted pictures of my cooking on Facebook, a lot of people were asking for recipes, so I figured, "let's do a blog!" and I can do both - share my weight loss tips and recipes.  Please keep in mind that I'm not a registered dietician and what works for me may or may not work for you!

As I look back on the past 2 years, I'm proud of all the hard work that I've put into changing my lifestyle into one that is healthy.  To me, I've learned that healthy eating just makes me feel like such a better person!  I mean, if you eat a greasy cheeseburger with super salty fries, do you honestly feel all that great? Probably not! But if you eat a delicious turkey burger with some homemade roasted baby red potatoes and a side salad, I bet you'll feel much better! :) It's not about diet restriction - it's about enjoying the foods you've always loved in a new and healthy way!

So exactly how far have I come... let's take a quick look - it's scary how big I was! :(

Spring 2009

Thanksgiving 2011

Scary, huh? Who knew I was that big - I surely didn't! Amazing what some exercise and healthy eating can do! :)

So what's the first meal I'll be cooking in 2012?  Lean ground beef meatloaf with a sweet potato and a side of asparagus and sugar snap peas!  I'll be back with that post later tonight!  I'm adding a new secret ingredient to the meatloaf - I hope it turns out!  My original meatloaf is pretty delicious, so I hope by adding a new ingredient, it tastes even better!

Sweet Hugs,
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment