Thursday, January 12, 2012

Easiest Dinner Ever!

I needed an easy-peasy lemon-squeezy dinner tonight after the doozy of a day I had.  Two rough days in a row?!? How is that even fair? Argh!  I'm hoping that it's just a fluke and it's not an indication on how tomorrow is going to go! 

So, when I think of easy dinners, I think of pasta with meat sauce (lean ground beef or ground turkey), soup and sandwiches, and tacos!  So, tonight was declared Turkey Taco Thursday! 

Ya'll know how to make tacos, so I'll spare you the specific directions, but I do want to point a few things out! 

First, I used a low-sodium taco seasoning mix.
 You can't tell that it's low-sodium, so I highly recommend it! 

I always make my turkey tacos into a burrito-bowl type creation, so I also added rice, black bean salsa, and sour cream.  This was our first time with this type of rice and we'll definitely be purchasing it again.

I got it at Target and I was impressed with the taste! :)

I'm a big fan of black beans, so I added a few spoonfuls of this yumminess to my burrito-bowl.

It's got a good kick to it, but it's not overly spicy! 

So, after putting everything together, it looked like this!
I ended up adding the rice right to the bowl, but I wanted to try it separate first to make sure I liked it! :)  I scooped everything up with Tostitos MultiGrain Scoops! Yummy! :)

After dinner, we had a bunch of errands to run, which inevitably ended up with us at Yogurt Mountain...
 NEW FLAVOR!!! Banana!!! I topped it off with coconut flakes and mini-chocolate chips.  no worries, I didn't eat all of that.  My eyes were bigger than my stomach! :)

I'm off to bed now... I'm praying that tomorrow is a smooth day, especially since it's Friday the 13th!!! Zoikes!!!

Sweet Hugs,
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment