Thursday, January 19, 2012

Switchin' it Up!

My breakfast that is!  After my 5am workouts, I usually come home and have either a bowl of hot oatmeal (instant... so not good, but I need to find a good and quick recipe for hot oatmeal using Quaker's Multigrain Oats), or cold cereal, and a bowl of berries.  The coffee is put on hold until I'm at work and can sit and enjoy it.  But this week, I've switched it up!  

I've been enjoying this after my morning cardio workout:
 A bowl of berries, along with a 100-calorie Muscle Milk Protein drink!

Muscle milk?  Me? I'm pretty much consuming it merely for the added protein.  With watching what I eat, I've realized I am not eating nearly enough protein to help build muscles, so Matty introduced me to this deliciousness.  I switch back and forth from the vanilla creme one to the chocolate one.  They are pretty yummy and very low in sugar!  

This morning, around 7:45, I had a small bowl of Life cereal with skim milk.  I'm pretty sure my students were wondering why I didn't eat breakfast at home, but hey... they eat their breakfast in front of me everyday! haha! :)  Random side note - Almond milk is on sale this weekend at Publix, so I will be trying that out soon! :)  I'll be sure to try it out and let you know what I think of it!

After work today (2 meetings afterschool.... can't a girl catch a break!?!?), I took myself to the nail salon for a much needed mani/pedi.  I opted for a french manicure (I tried out the Shellac-Gel Nail stuff) as well as a french for my lil toes! :)  I love the manicure, but it nearly broke my wallet... good thing I don't treat myself all the time!  Maybe I should start though....

After my nails were dry, I stopped by Subway to grab dinner - turkey on whole wheat with lots-o-veggies and a bag of Baked Lays - Sour Cream and Onion.  Deliciousness!
The veggies I got were tomatoes, lettuce, lots of onion, & green pepper! :)

Now I'm off to do some serious lesson planning... we have a big weekend coming up and my work needs to get D-O-N-E! :)

PS - I got a kick out of American Idol last night and can't wait to watch another episode tonight!

Catch ya later! :)

Sweet Hugs,
Lauren

Oh yeah, and a new recipe will be coming your way on Sunday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment