Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Oh Vey.

That's how I'm going to rate today.  Today was one of those days when the kicks just kept on coming....and coming....and coming.  Argh!  All I can say is thank goodness for long weekends.  Even if the long weekend includes a 7 hour workshop, I'm still happy for an extra day off.  

The day started off pretty decent - I awoke to my new phone singing "Good Morning" to me and I was able to pretty much jump out of bed with energy.  I headed to the gym for a 30 minute cardio session on the treadmill.  The entire time I was working out, I kept saying to myself "When are you going to start training for March's 5k???".... My answer to that was "eeeek, SOON!!!". I really need to get Shaun and myself motivated for some runs!  We have a ton of work to do to get ready.  Maybe this weekend's weather will be good for running outside.  I'd much rather run outside than on a treadmill inside.  

For breakfast today, I opted for one of my fav's - Maple and Brown Sugar Oatmeal, with a dash of cinnamon, along with a side of fresh berries.
 Yes, the fork by the berries is a Disney Princess one! :)

I have a couple product reviews today that I want to share.  The first is what I ate for my morning snack.
Freeze-Dried Fruit ~ Apple Cinnamon

Of course, fresh fruit is much better, but this is a healthy alternative if you don't have a fresh apple with you.  The apple pieces were pretty decent in size and they were crunchy.  The cinnamon taste was spot-on.  It wasn't too strong and it wasn't too weak.  My only complaint?  An odd aftertaste.  I have a Banana-Cinnamon one to try tomorrow.

My second product review?  Chobani Blood Orange Greek Yogurt.  I've been reading all the hype about this for a few weeks now and I had to give in when I was at Target over the weekend.  For all the great reviews I had read, I had high expectations.  I was greatly disappointed.
I'd much rather have my favorite Strawberry flavor.  Or Black Cherry.

Tonight's dinner was deliciousness on a plate.  I met a friend at BJ's Brewhouse at the Citrus Park Mall.  I opted for 1/2 a Chicken Club Flatbread Pizza and a garden salad.  It was delicious.  The flavor was yummy, but there was a pathetic amount of chicken on it.  However, I was charged for the lunch portion, so no complaints here!  I didn't snap a picture of it, but next time I will.  There will definitely be a next time!  

Now I'm off to relax.  Relaxing with some DVR'd shows and Dove Dark Chocolate.  Sounds pretty amazing right!?! ;)

Have a great night! 

Sweet Hugs,
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment