Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Needed a Break!

Whew! The past couple of days have been absolutely too hectic! I feel like I haven't had a chance to breathe and relax!  That of course, means no fun new recipes.  Sorry!  I guess last week was easier since I was able to post every night!  I need to figure "blogging" into my evening routine, but it's hard when I get sidetracked by pinning a million things on Pinterest!  Come on, admit it... you spend countless hours on Pinterest too! :)  Embrace the beauty of it! :)

Even though I had a meeting after school today and got home much later than I usually do, I was determined to whip up something delicious.  So what is the deliciousness I created?  Baked chicken, sweet potato (can you tell I'm obsessed!?!?!), and sauteed veggies.  Yumminess.  

The herbs I used were:
 Not sure of the amounts I used... a sprinkle here, a dash there! :)

While the chicken was baking in the oven and making the place smell like rosemary deliciousness, I cut up some orange pepper and white onion.  I sauteed the onions separately from these babies:
Love that they sell bags of veggies! Yummy! :)

I could eat those veggies right up! :)

The finished product looked something like this:
 My plate! :)

The Fiance's plate... he's not into sweet potatoes so he had 
butter and garlic noodles.  Eww.

I tried talking him into going to Yogurt Mountain for dessert after we did some errands, but no luck on that!  I guess that's a good thing because American Idol starts tonight! I'm determined to get back into it.  I haven't watched in a couple of years, but I'm feeling like it's going to be a good season!  I'll be sure to get some laughs tonight, all while watching the premiere and enjoying some chocolate!  I'm having a serious chocolate craving! :)

Have an awesome night everyone! 

Sweet Hugs,
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment